Earth Scientist/Department Head
Hydrology, Remediation, and Risk-based Restoration Department
- Ph.D., Hydrogeology, Ohio State University.
Current RoleGeoscientist, Applied Geosciences and Environmental Management.
CapabilitiesResearch in hydrology/hydrogeology and environmental science; modeling of hydrologic processes and mass transport from local sites to national/world water resource regions; system analysis for water-energy production-climate change interactions; application of advanced technologies to characterize hydrologic systems and contaminant migration; design and optimization of innovative in situ remediation technologies.
- Principal investigator: Hydrologic and climate impacts of energy development in the Mississippi River basin; modeling of continental hydrologic systems; remediation strategies and optimization for contaminated watersheds.
- Lead scientist and project manager: Numerous studies to characterize and restore contaminated federal sites; development of integrated approach to assess large-scale watersheds for sustainable water quantity and quality; impact analysis of prolonged drought on electricity generation in the western United States.
- Adjunct professor: University research collaborations, seminars, advice to Ph.D. students.
- Contributor: Journal associate editor; instructor for short courses; session organizer for conferences and workshops.