Ecology, Natural Resources and Managed Systems Department
- B.S. Forest Management and Engineering, University of Montana, 1955
Current RoleEnvironmental Scientist, Land Resources and Energy Policy
CapabilitiesLand use planning and environmental management; energy and land use policy; stakeholder involvement.
- Technical and professional support to environmental and land use management programs and projects at Argonne (1995-present).
- U.S. Bureau of Land Management (1955 to 1995):
- Colorado State Director: Provided executive leadership for an organization of 600 people to manage the use and protection of 8 million acres of surface land and 27 million acres of federal subsurface mineral estate.
- National Service Center Director: Provided executive leadership to develop and deliver scientific, technical, and administrative services to all BLM offices, nationwide.
- Associate State Director, Colorado: Responsible for the day-to-day operation of all BLM management activities in Colorado.
- Assistant Director for Coal Management, Washington Office: Responsible for leading the development and implementation of national policy to increase the use of federal coal resources.
- Other work for BLM in Oregon, Washington, D.C., and Colorado: Including forester, engineer, program analyst, and planning and environmental manager.
- U.S. Army (1956 to 1958).