Shruti Khadka Mishra
Ecology, Natural Resources and Managed Systems Department
- Ph. D., Environmental Science and Applied Economics, Ohio State University, 2009.
- M.S., Agricultural, Environmental, and Development Economics, Ohio State University, 2005.
Current RoleComputational Economist
CapabilitiesDevelops and uses an integrated assessment framework to estimate the economic value of ecosystem services. Conducts economic analyses, benefit-cost analyses, and estimates changes in the economic value of ecosystem service using a multidisciplinary approach that couples econometric models with biophysical models and geospatial analyses. Distills and analyzes information under a variety of regulatory frameworks to provide a strong foundation for informing economic policy decisions in energy, land and water resource sectors.
- Principal Investigator:
- Program Development: Economic analysis of Coupled Energy and Environmental Systems (Launchpad).
- Economic valuation of climate-induced change on river flow and associated economic output in High Mountain Asia (NASA).
- Developing capability to generate high-resolution decision variables for creating win-win scenarios for bioenergy, soil carbon, and water quality (DOE/Argonne).
- Identification of pollinator habitat hotspots and economic analysis of creating solar pollinator habitat in the United States (DOE).
- Estimation of damages to water resources associated with mining operations (DOE).
- Contributor: Valuation of the ecosystem services in alternative bioenergy landscape scenarios (DOE).
- Consultant: The World Bank:
- Evaluation of climate change impacts and mitigation measures in developing countries.
- Economic assessment of projects on carbon dioxide emission reduction from various energy sectors.
- Economic analysis of improved forest management practices.
- Research Economist: United States Geological Survey:
- Estimation of damages to water resources associated with land use changes related to first‑generation bioenergy crops.
- Estimation of value of information.
- Author: Dr. Mishra has published her research in peer-reviewed journals, technical reports, and policy briefs, and has shared her findings with government agencies and professional societies.