David C. Ma
Nuclear, Rad & Environmental Chemistry and Risk Management Department
- Ph.D., Civil Engineering, Illinois Institute of Technology, 1976.
Current RoleCivil/Mechanical Engineer, developing aging management programs for nuclear power plant license renewals and spent-fuel dry storage systems.
CapabilitiesAging management of nuclear power plant and spent-fuel dry storage system; structural and seismic design and analysis; seismic hazard analysis; soil-structure interaction.
- Technical reviewer for new reactors: Evaluation of new reactor designs for U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission in areas of structural and seismic analyses, acoustic and flow-induced vibrations, and dynamic testing and analysis).
- Aging management development: Development of aging management programs; evaluation of the periodic safety review for foreign reactor plants.
- Structural/seismic analyst: Analyses of many advanced reactors; developed in-structure seismic response spectra of Argonne’s Hot Fuels Examination Facility and Zero Power Reactor-6.
- Researcher and developer: Co-developed finite-element computer code FLUSTR for fluid-structural interaction and sloshing analysis; investigated hydrodynamic phenomena (e.g., sloshing, fluid-structure interaction) in reactor vessels.