Michael F. Dwyer
Ecology, Natural Resources and Managed Systems Department
- Ph.D., Environmental Science, University of Nevada Las Vegas, 2007.
Current RoleEnvironmental Scientist
CapabilitiesConceptual, mathematical, and computer simulation modeling of coupled human and natural systems; system dynamics modeling; adaptive management; public land policy and management; project management.
- Principal Investigator: Regional Mitigation Strategy for the National Petroleum Reserve – Alaska for the United States Department of the Interior, Bureau of Land Management.
- Co-investigator: Integrating human well-being with ecological functionality in a land-use decision support model for the Bureau of Land Management.
- Natural Resource Manager: United States Department of the Interior, Bureau of Land Management, 1978-2014.
- Adjunct Professor: University of Nevada Las Vegas, School of Environmental and Public Affairs, 2007 – present.