Cultural Resource Specialist
Sociocultural Systems Department
- M.A., Middle Eastern Archaeology, University of Chicago, 2018.
- B.S., Anthropology, Florida State University, 2016.
Current RoleCultural resource specialist with responsibilities in prehistoric and historic archaeological assessment and cultural resources management.
CapabilitiesAssessment and interpretation of terrestrial archaeological and historic resources, geospatial analysis and geographic information systems (GIS), archival management, photography, and graphic design.
- Archaeological and historical field work: Supervised archaeological field work in Turkey and Palau, performed on-site assessment of historic structures, and worked as an archaeological field technician in northern Florida.
- Laboratory and archival management: Developed and populated databases of university archives; performed x-ray fluorescence analysis of archaeological artifacts; catalogued archaeological reports and artifacts both in the field and laboratory; created and edited photodocumentation of artifacts using digital single-lens reflex cameras and the Adobe creative suite.
- Geospatial Analyst: Conducted remote surveys that led to the discovery of hundreds of archaeological sites across the Levant; performed cost distance, viewshed, and vegetation analysis in the Nile River Valley and Egyptian Easter Desert wadi system; reconstructed declassified spy plane routes; mapped archaeological sites in Turkey and Palau; created historic structure maps of numerous archaeological sites across the United States.