Kevin J. Beckman
Web Development Assistant
Environmental Computing, Sensing, Data, and GIS Department
- B.S., Mathematics and Computer Science, University of St. Francis, 2010.
Current RoleWeb and software developer, with responsibilities in programming, web site management, and administrative record preparation.
CapabilitiesProgramming and development of web sites and desktop applications; design and implementation of databases for environmental analysis; modeling and analysis for visual impact assessment.
- Programmer: Modernized graphics application for use with RESRAD software, web-based platform for presenting Argonne GIS data; web-based tools for collecting data and streamlining analysis for studies relating to aquatic nuisance species transfer between the Great Lakes and Mississippi River basins; objective editor for the Index of River Functionality tool of the Water Use Optimization Toolset.
- Webmaster: Web sites for environmental projects, including several for public involvement in the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) process and a web site providing real-time environmental monitoring data.
- Administrative record preparation: Technical support for streamlining document index preparation for administrative records of NEPA projects.
- Visual impact assessment assistant: Database design, programming, modeling, and analysis for projects analyzing visual impacts of solar energy or wind energy development.