Andrew J. Ayers
Principal Software Engineer
Environmental Computing, Sensing, Data, and GIS Department
- B.S., Computer Science, Benedictine University, 1994.
Current RolePrincipal Software Engineer, with responsibility for architecture and development of custom web applications incorporating advanced geospatial and scientific functionality.
CapabilitiesDevelopment of advanced web applications and systems; implementation of open-source technologies; integration of geospatial analysis, scientific computing, and alternative data storage with traditional web applications; use of modern methods in custom software development.
- System architect and principal software engineer: Energy Zones Mapping Tool for renewable energy zone identification and transmission corridor routing; Solar Mapper and Wind Mapper web-based GIS data viewers and geospatial analysis tools; WindView platform for collection and visualization of wind power forecasts from disparate models; national security projects integrating web, database, and geospatial technologies.
- Development lead: Cloud-based system for the management and monitoring of wireless access points.
- Software engineer: Core team member in architecture, implementation, launch, and support of public ratings and review site incorporating social media; principal integrator of external service to support transactional and mass-marketing electronic mail delivery; integrator of advanced faceted navigation and site search functionality; interface implementation, database design, and external system integration for car rental company.
- Chief architect: Application development and telephony system integration for web-based business communication portal.